How to celebrate Sankranti
How to Celebrate Makarsankrati1. Get up early in the morning. Worship the rising Sun, by offering water, flowers with both the hands & then pray with folded hands by chanting the Gayatri Mantra and pray for knowledge, wisdom and enlightenment to rise in the similar way to greater & greater heights. Pray for blessings to live a dynamic, inspired & righteous life.
2. Do Gayatri Manta chanting during the day too (if you could no do early morning) and direct to Sun God. Ask blessing for Wisdom and intelligence. Sun is God for knowledge and wisdom.
3. Do tarpan for your ancestors. Offer water to the ancestors. Pray for their blessings. Remember the good education they gave you, follow the footsteps of your ancestor so that they are proud of you.
4. Meditate, Pray and bring self awareness. Recognize importance of spirituality. Pray to God to bless you with the capacity to constantly revel in your true self.
5. Prepare laddus or other sweets of Til & Gur (e.g. ghajjak, chikki) and offer them to your family, friends & relatives.
6. Eat Khichiri (Rice and Dal dish). This stands for inculcating simplicity in your life & habits.
7. Give some Daan/Donation on Sankranti festival to needy
8. Visit your son at his place and give presents to the son and the daughter-in-law. If it is not possible to visit, then organize to send presents to them to express your love & affection to them. Work to properly cultivate the generation, which has to carry forward all the best you cherish & value.
9. If you are planning to buy vehicle- Makarsankranti is good day
10. If you are planning to get married, engage - Makarsankranti is considered auspicious